Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Aunt Kathy

She always seems to know exactly what I’m saying. Or, in most cases,
what I’m trying to say. She never forgets a birthday, anniversary, or special occasion, even though there seem to be an infinite number of people in our family. She is the organizer, the planner, the entertainer and the shoulder to cry on. My life would be dull without her endless joy. She is my friend. She is my godmother. She is my Aunt Kathy.


Words cannot describe her generosity. Kathy Hicks is an awe-inspiring
woman. Being the oldest of eight children, she had to take on the responsibility of being a part-time parent at a young age. When you have to help raise children, you tend to mature a lot faster than your peers. Aunt Kathy has always had a very mature outlook on life. She always listens to different point of views before making any decisions.


Throughout my life, I have always been able to talk to her easily. She awaits with a listening ear, and, if necessary, a box of tissues or a joke. She always knows exactly what to say or do when someone is hurting or needs help. She thinks on her toes and keeps peoples‘ feelings in mind when giving advice.


When I think about my Aunt Kathy, I think about how special she is, and
how I should thank her everyday for everything she has done for me. She has always
supported me, no matter what, and I know that when times are tough, and I need
someone to talk to, she will be waiting with open arms. I am inspired everytime I see her to be a better person in every aspect of my life. No one will ever replace the warm, cherished place she holds in my heart. She is extremely special to me, and I pray everyday that nothing but the best will come to her. I can only hope that one day people might think of me as they do her; as an angel walking amongst us, leaving footprints of hope on our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment